WRITING GUIDELINE OF JURNAL PELITA KOTA
- The article has not yet published on other media and does not contain plagiarism element. The article should be enclosed with author writing consent.
- The article is the result of research, conceptual (independent), theory application, case report, or book review. The article could be written in Indonesian or English approximately 30 pages including bibliography and table. The article should be written with computer on A4 size paper with top margin 3.17 centimeters; and left right bottom margins 3 centimeters. The font in used should be Time New Roman size 12. The space should be at 1.15. The title should be written in Indonesian maximum 15 words and in English maximum 13 words (title sample could be seen on journal template).
- The article has to enclose the author/s name. Multiple authors name order should be agreed by the first, second, and so forth author. The order is usually base on the author’s contribution and all authors are responsible to the article content. The author name should be written in bold with 12 size font Times New Roman (title sample could be seen on journal template).
- The article has to enclose the author mail address: the author’s university or institution mail and email address. The author address should be written in 12 size font Times New Roman without bold and italic.
- The article has to enclose with ABSTRACT in English language and ABSTRAK in Indonesian language. The maximum words for ABSTRACT is 200 and ABSTRAK is 250 in essay form consists of research purpose, research method, analysis technic and research result. It should be enclosed with keywords (3 to 5 words). The font is Times new Roman in 12 size and space 1.15. The ABSTRACT should be written in italic whereas the ABSTRAK should not. The word ABSTRACT in English language should be written and ABSTRAK in Indonesian language with Time new Roman font in size 12. The ABSTRACT word should be written with bold and italic whereas ABSTRAK only bold without italic.
- The ABSTRACT (English language) and ABSTRAK (Indonesian language) material have to enclose with keywords in Times New Roman font size 12, and space 1.15. The keywords in ABSTRACT have to written in bold and italic whereas ABSTRAK only bold without italic. The keywords should consist of 3 to 5 words.
- The article should consist of INTRODUCTION / PENDAHULUAN, RESEARCH METHOD / METODE PENELITIAN, RESULT AND DISCUSSION / HASIL DAN PEMBAHASAN, CONCLUSION / KESIMPULAN, and BIBLIOGRAPHY / DAFTAR PUSTAKA. The INTRODUCTION, RESEARCH METHOD, RESULT AND DISCUSSION, CONCLUSION, and BIBLIOGRAPHY have to be written in capital with Times New Roman font size 12 in bold.
- The INTRODUCTION has to be written in MS format with Times New Roman font size 12 with 1.15 spaces. It should consist of minimum 3 pages. The contents consist of research background, problem formulation, hypothesis (if available), and research purpose. Most articles are not too extensive. The introduction is inclined to several books as research reference or basic at least updated 10 years ago, and also consists of present time knowledge. Literature review should not be written as separate part of the introduction. It means the literature review is included in INTRODUCTION. The reference should be primary, relevant, and current reference. The literature review should not be too extensive meaning its scope is not too large. Need to be concerned the article for Pelita Kota Journal should not enclose footnote due to its ability to disturb reader’s concentration. The research methods written in the article consist of research object and subject; and should be described in details. Whereas the method refers to standard procedure the standard should be enclosed
- RESEARCH METHOD has to be written with Times new Roman in 12 size and space 1.15. It is consist of time and place of the research, substance and tools of the research, research procedures and if needed a complete map area of research. Reference data analysis and formulations also included in research method.
- DISCUSSION has to be written with 1.5 spaces. The systematic contents should consist of data/ information related to research purpose, the table should be in simple and open format; and also the map picture should be focusing on studied object. The file size should not be too large and complicated (the format should be in .jpg). The table and picture should be consistent and have to be numbered. The purpose of DISCUSSION is finding author appreciate the research result; and the border of the research. (Picture and table sample could be seen on journal template).
- CONCLUSION consists of the discussion foundation short explanation. It should also mention recommendation included in conclusion. It means recommendation does not stand-alone.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY may come various sources: books, documents, theses, dissertations, newspaper, journal, and internet. Basically the Pelita Kota Journal bibliography is advisable to use management applications, for example bibliography with Mendeley, Zetero, and Endnote.
(a) The bibliography has to be written alphabetically in one space and without number.
(b) The bibliographies written in the bibliography list are the ones used as references and quoted in the article. In other word, the quotation in the article should be written in the bibliography, and vice versa.
(c) Whereas the bibliography was written by multiple authors, the written author’s name is the last name, followed by first name and middle name (if exist). Then, it is followed by publishing year, book title, Publishing location, and publisher name.
(d) Whereas the bibliography was written by more than two authors, the first author’s name should be written according to point (c) followed by the second author and so forth. The second and so forth author’s name should be reversed as the first author.
(e) The bibliography should not use et al. to replace the second author and so forth.
(f) The bibliography writing is different with one another depending on the cited bibliographical type. The author’s name, publishing location, and publisher’s name are not in italic. The italic written words are: (1) book or document’s title (for book and document); (2) thesis word, dissertation word, newspaper name, journal’s name, website address; whereas thesis title, dissertation title, newspaper article title, internet article title should be written ordinary and put between quotation mark (Bibliography author sample could be seen on journal template).
Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and is offered as Reviewer through the following address: https://ejurnal.universitaskarimun.ac.id/index.php/pelita/user/register. The author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: The author must check-mark on the submission checklists. An author should type or copy-paste the cover letter to “Comments for the Editor”.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed the Statement of Originality Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Pelita Kota journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents are true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes a status of manuscript review and editorial process.
Jurnal Pelita Kota by Study Program of Urban and Regional Planning, Universitas Karimun.
Jl. Raya Komp. Timah, Tik. Uma, Tebing, Kabupaten Karimun, Kepulauan Riau, 29663
Phone 62 852-6320-8304, Fax:0777-7367400
ISSN: 2723-651X (Online)